- RT @mollycrabapple: Generation snowflake twitter.com/lailalalami/st… 1 hour ago
- RT @somebadideas: 75 years ago today President FDR signed Executive Order 9066 and Internment of Japanese Americans began. https://t.co/wrf… 1 hour ago
- RT @ACLU: On today’s date in 1942 President Roosevelt signed an executive order that incarcerated Japanese Americans aclu.org/blog/speak-fre… 4 hours ago
- Me upon hearing Kyrie Irving truly believes the world is flat. https://t.co/59j82yfQTX 1 day ago
- RT @skift: Muslim-American Travelers Are Quietly Having Global Entry Privileges Revoked skift.com/2017/02/18/mus… https://t.co/Y9XfKRyrxd 1 day ago
Category Archives: Music
In 1989 a small record label Sub Pop Records signed another small band for $600, an amount that the label wrote was “six hundred bucks well spent—not that we had it at the time.”
The name of the band? Nirvana.
From the Internet archives here is Tupac presenting with KISS at the 1996 Grammys.
Or you know, “back when music was GOOD back in my days.” – Old man sitting on a rocking chair on his porch.
In June 9, 1997, Radiohead performed at Irving Plaza after the release of their album OK Computer. The band’s guest list was a veritable Who’s Who of that era.
From the internet time capsule, Depeche Mode performing “Enjoy the Silence,” my favorite song of theirs on top of the World Trade Center Tower 2 in March 1990.
I know at this point we’ve exhausted “Oppa Gangnam Style” ad nauseam and there should be a permanent moratorium placed on all covers and parodies of this song (though truth be told I still act like this when it plays at the clubbbbs). That said, the above jazzy cover version stands up on its own. And with that I may or may not being seeing PSY live next Wednesday night…