- @PeterHamby @triketora https://t.co/9yK6u5OZrk 0 minutes ago
- RT @klassy: It's #NationalSuperheroDay and all I can think about right now is this photo of Obama with a little boy. 💪 https://t.co/nKsrOx0… 1 hour ago
- RT @joelist: "Here are your results, now put on my doctor clothes and read them back to me" https://t.co/ueOLleRMBu 1 day ago
- RT @CertifiedFool_: Instead of the Mahi-Mahi, can I just get the one Mahi because I'm not that hungry? https://t.co/UnlU16v5rp 1 day ago
- RT @StevenLevy: Had a great talk with @jack dorsey -- got to @twitter changes, harassment and @realDonaldTrump. backchannel.com/jack-dorsey-on… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Music
In 1989 a small record label Sub Pop Records signed another small band for $600, an amount that the label wrote was “six hundred bucks well spent—not that we had it at the time.”
The name of the band? Nirvana.
From the Internet archives here is Tupac presenting with KISS at the 1996 Grammys.
Or you know, “back when music was GOOD back in my days.” – Old man sitting on a rocking chair on his porch.
In June 9, 1997, Radiohead performed at Irving Plaza after the release of their album OK Computer. The band’s guest list was a veritable Who’s Who of that era.
From the internet time capsule, Depeche Mode performing “Enjoy the Silence,” my favorite song of theirs on top of the World Trade Center Tower 2 in March 1990.
I know at this point we’ve exhausted “Oppa Gangnam Style” ad nauseam and there should be a permanent moratorium placed on all covers and parodies of this song (though truth be told I still act like this when it plays at the clubbbbs). That said, the above jazzy cover version stands up on its own. And with that I may or may not being seeing PSY live next Wednesday night…